Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A "personal" Civil War.



My "Personal" Civil War.

Honest as I am . I did not vote for Trump { yes my'  Conservative friends' } I am politically a "Independent" & Centrist" . IN some things I support conservatives , and in other things I am liberal . NOw some of (1)>>my friends think that I voted for Trump , while others {think}  because of Hillary I voted  {to avoid the necessary of lesser of the two"evils"}Either way I feel that I am hated on both sides of the aisle. The Trump Republican's think I am a "dangerous liberal" for some reason . IT don't make any sense. (1.2>>I LOVE my friends on both sides , I understand their concerns why their votes went the way they did . For me Trump was just a experiment in politics .  The American voter just got hoodwinked. I believe  somehow. (1.3)>>The same old game . The slogans were "Hope and Change" . Now its "Make America Great " & " Drain the swamp".  I think there is going to be a wake up call vary soon.This election was so divisive that its been reported that families were being torn apart.  Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump — the two most disliked presidential candidates in history — both  are so polarizing that voters were { still are }  taking the campaigns personally. (2)>>And spouses who support different candidates are struggling to find common ground. Friendships also were hanging on a thread . FaceBook for example had a lot people un- friending their friends  . Its so bad that even at work people seem to have segregated themselves into "Trumpists"  and "Hillarions" as I call them . BUT  Trump’s  own policies are not really his  policies. They’re just feverish revenge fantasies long hidden deep in the 8 years in the GOP under President Obama .  NOw their unleashed . (3)>>Trump read the GOP script as it was handed to him . He's going to follow what they say . He's their puppet .




NOTES AND COMMENTS:

 (1)>>my friends think that I voted for Trump .    Peter Wehner’s piece in the New York Times yesterday, in which he talks about the sadness of losing friends over Donald Trump’s candidacy. 1.2>>I LOVE my friends on both sides. About 85 percent of U.S. citizens think their country is now more divided than previous years, and more than half would like the incoming administration to mend the fence, revealed a poll released last month. Dividing people is a very successful tool, vilifying a person or program with lies and false stories is the scorched earth policy of the Republican Party. They no longer run for public office to govern, they run to control the headlines and vilify.   (1.2)>>The same old game. n 2008, many of Obama's supporters knew that he was a hard-left progressive, but lied about that in order to fool as many moderate voters as possible into voting for him. They thoroughly approved of Obama's moderate-sounding lies ("marriage should be between a man and a woman") because they figured that was the only way for a hard-leftist black guy to get elected in America.In 2016, Trump's supporters are acting precisely the same way. They know and even approve of Trump's wink-wink nudge-nudge bigotry and misogyny. Why, he talks about women the same way they do among themselves in bars and locker rooms. But like Obama's supporters in 2008, they don't want anyone else to know.(2)>>And spouses .  A Pew Research survey found that 41% of couples who are voting for different candidates have had a fight about the election. Clinton supporters were brokenhearted on Nov 8th . It was like a illusion of sorts that Hillary would have won . Many    who bought into the BS that the world is gonna end if Trump wins.  The Trump win was surprising . I thought since writing this blog had predicted that he was going to have a "chance" to beat Hillary . Trump, a scam artist whose entire career has been based on victimizing the working class, should be the target of that anger. Instead, he is encouraging Americans to turn their hostility away from him and against their fellow citizens, inviting us into a war of all against all over which he will preside as an amused dictator. (3)>>Trump read the GOP script as it was handed to him .One of my biggest frustrations with Trump's rise is watching Republicans I once respected sell their principles for the fantasy of Trump. These people justify or explain away every horrible thing he says or does and embrace all of his liberal ideas as if they were conservative policy. I can respect someone who acknowledges Trump's flaws but will vote for him to stop Hillary. But it pains me to see Republicans treating those flaws as if they were meaningless or even strengths.

No comments:

Post a Comment